Welcoming a new member of staff is always exciting, but we have to be sure that they are the right fit for the job, we do this at several stages from application to the hiring of a new staff member.
- Candidate applies
- Screening Interview
- Candidate Interview
- Candidate hired
Below I will go into detail about each step of the process:
When a Candidate applies for a role within our community they fill in the application form which is then sent to the Management Team for scrutiny, evaluation and approval. Pre-Screening
We need to ensure that the application meets minimum requirements so we have to check a few things about the application before we continue
Before an application can be accepted check that
- The user has played on the server for at least 30 days
- The user is active and helpful
- They have a good reputation with other users on the server
Once an application has received approval from the Management Team the candidate then is added to a management ticket within discord where we take the opportunity to ask questions about the candidates answers to the application form questions.
At this stage we also seek evidence for any role based experience the candidate may have.
Upon sufficient answers given by the candidate during the application Screening, the candidate then moves onto the final stage of the hiring process, The Candidate interview.
This interview allows the candidate to meet the server management.
It also allows us to ask a few further questions in a "face to face" type setting.
Upon successful and sufficient answers to questions asked, the candidate will be invited to the Staff discord server and will be asked to read through the staff resources (Rules, Guidelines etc)
Candidate interview Questions
- What makes you stand out from other players applying for the same position?
- Why did you choose our server to apply to be staff?
- What would you say your strengths and weaknesses are?
- What is the correct course of action to take if someone joins the server and starts trolling?
- What would you do if you saw a staff member abusing their powers?
- You have a good friend who plays on the server and they have stolen a stack of iron ingots from someone, what would you do?
- If someone has paid for supporter and then destroys someone's house how would you deal with them?
- If two valued members of the community started fighting in chat, what would you do?